Recipe: Paleo Spicy Mustard Crockpot Chicken


This recipe is one of my current favourites! Not only is it extremely easy to make (who doesn't love their slow cooker!) but it's delicious. It feels hearty and robust and like a real meal, even though I don't eat carbs in the evening. 

This recipe comes from Plaid and Paleo and I'm so excited to try some more of her recipes. So if you have the chance, definitely give this fab chicken dish a whirl! 

Ingredients

  • 2 chicken breasts
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/3 cup chicken broth
  • 2 tablespoon honey
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon stone ground mustard
  • 1/2 tablespoon paleo chili garlic sauce, here (I make this dish without the chili garlic sauce and it still tastes great! I have to feed it to my one year old and my two and a half year old!)


Directions
  • Mix all ingredients except chicken in a small bowl.
  • Place chicken in the bottom of the crockpot and pour sauce over it.
  • Cook on low for 3 hours.
  • Remove chicken and pour sauce into small sauce pot.
  • Heat sauce over medium to a simmer for 10 minutes.
  • Serve chicken with sauce on top.



Comments

Popular Posts