Happy Birthday My Gorgeous Little Boy!


Happy First Birthday to my Gorgeous Little Boy! 

I absolutely cannot believe that you are one already. I felt like my pregnancy was the longest thing in the world, and then your first year has hurtled along at breakneck speed. 

You went from my long and lean little baby to a long and lean crawler and cruiser who is into anything and everything. You have the biggest obsession with the TV remotes (the ones you aren't allowed, not the ones you are allowed!) and with anything that your big sister S has in her hands. 

You have the cheekiest little smile, and the dirtiest laugh! You think it's hilarious when you play peek-a-boo with any piece of fabric you can get your hands on. Nappy changes are a nightmare as you are too busy trying to scramble away and get up to mischief.

You have been a completely different baby to your sister, but scarily the same in other respects. At the moment your separation anxiety is much worse than S's ever was. You are much more cuddly, and you demand our undivided attention whenever you can get it. 

Sleep still evades us, you'll surprise us one night by sleeping twelve hours straight, then the next day you'll be up for three hours in the middle of the night for no reason. You usually wake wanting cuddles, although you also then insist on milk. It's strange but I worry less than I did with S, this too shall pass, and all too soon neither of you will need us at night at all, and I'll miss those midnight cuddles. 

Daddy is the apple of your eye. As soon as you hear him come through the door you streak off towards the door, the Lightening McQueen of crawling babies. Bath times are another favourite, and the bubbles capture your attention for hours at a time. 

I love watching you and S play together, although it's only a matter of time before it gets too rough and you get knocked over. I know that won't last, and you'll be bowling her down in no time. The best sound in the world is you two giggling away, thick as thieves. 

It's been an amazing journey so far, and I can't wait to see what you've got in store for us. I know that it'll never be boring, and so far has been more amazing than I imagined. 

Happy Birthday my little boy, but hush now, don't grow so fast. You've got all the time in the world. Lots of love always, Mummy. xxx

Comments

Popular Posts