Recipe Index - Paleo Bread from Elanas Pantry



Mmmmmmm bread! 

There is just something irresistible about the smell of freshly baked bread. It's similar to the small of bacon. It has that homely, warming smell. Maybe that's why I like bacon sandwiches so much! 

But bread is the one thing that is not really compatible with a Paleo lifestyle. Wheat bread is definitely off the list, whether you are eating Paleo or gluten free. So I spend most of my mornings craving toast while making my omelette. 

Until now, when I've found a good substitute to toast in Elena's Pantry's Paleo Bread.

I find almond flour recipes make the bread a little too sweet for me to use it as a replacement for my bacon sandwich bread (the search continues) but as toast it is just amazing. 

As always, if you are looking for an exact replica of wheat flour bread, you won't find it. Especially if you are trying to match texture, flavour, consistency, colour and smell. It's just too much to ask. It's not wheat flour bread, so it's not going to taste exactly like it. But it's a great alternative, and it's so easy to make, even I didn't screw it up! 

So if you are venturing into a Paleo or even gluten free diet, give it a try, it's well worth it. 

Paleo Bread


  1. Place almond flour, coconut flour, flax, salt and baking soda in a food processor
  2. Pulse ingredients together
  3. Pulse in eggs, oil, honey and vinegar
  4. Transfer batter to a greased 7.5 x 3.5 loaf pan
  5. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes
  6. Cool in the pan for 2 hours
  7. Serve
* If you do not use the recommended size loaf pan, your bread will not be the proper height.



Comments

Popular Posts