Recipe Index: Paleo Real Deal Chocolate Chip Cookes
First of all, a little confession. I am not a baker/chef. I can follow instructions, but when it comes to adapting recipes, I'm completely lost.
So rather than spend far too many fruitless hours in the kitchen trying to create something worth eating, I've decided to bring you the tried and tested (and regularly sampled by yours truly) recipes from the internet that I absolutely love.
So that should you attempt them, you have a rather good chance of getting something amazing to eat!
My favourite Paleo cookies have so far been these gorgeous chocolate chip cookies from Against All Grain. I've repeated the recipe here for convenience, but if you are looking to take a step into a Paleo diet, you need to have a look at Danielle Walker's site, it is full to bursting with delicious recipes, and I have so many more I'm itching to try!
Danielle Walker also has two fabulous books out! I have the first one "Against All Grain" and I'm waiting for the second one, "Meals Made Simple" to be released as a Kindle version.
Real-Deal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
SERVES: 1 dozen
- ¼ cup palm shortening, ghee, or grass-fed butter
- ¼ cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup dark chocolate pieces (just chop up a dark chocolate bar)
- ¼ cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, cream the palm shortening, coconut sugar, honey, egg, and vanilla for about 15 seconds until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and sea salt and mix again until combined, about 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed in order to incorporate all of the flour. Pulse once or twice more.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Place golf-ball sized balls of dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or a SilPat. Using another sheet of parchment on top of the dough, flatten them slightly with the palm or your hand or a spatula. The cookies don’t spread much so create the size and thickness you want prior to baking them.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, until slightly golden around the edges.