First of all, I talk too much!



That is pretty much the most important thing you need to know about me. I can literally talk the hind leg off a donkey. Why use one word when about seventy five will do!

It is, most definitely, an inherited trait. My mum can talk to anyone about practically any subject you can think of. Luckily she’s hugely intelligent and when she talks she is articulate and, most importantly, interesting. When my mum talks, people listen. So she is perfectly suited to her work as a lawyer (and she’s a damn fine one at that!).

If I am only half as articulate and interesting as her, this blog will be an amazing place to be. If I’m not… well you probably haven’t even read this far down.

Assuming you are all still with me (or at least some of you), the one thing I hope is that I listen just as much as I talk. I absolutely love connecting with people, engaging with them and being involved with their lives. I like to think I’m a good friend, that’s what I strive to be, but to be a good friend, you need to know when to shut up and just listen. I know I’m better at talking that I am at listening, but hopefully, with some more practice, I’ll be just as competent at listening.

In writing this blog, I hope that it engages you and that you find some of the content useful and occasionally informative. I also hope that when you take the time to comment, that I listen and take on board what you have to say. As with anything in this world, it’s not a one-way street and if I want you to read my blog, I need to make sure I’m talking about the things you want to read about. That the information I’m providing is worthy of your time and attention.


For those of you who are not from the UK, I apologise for my British spelling and the use of phrases, which I am sure are completely alien to you. Please feel free to let me know where I have baffled you, and I’ll do my level best to translate it for you!

And because life is much better in colour, here is the view from my window. Picture taken by the amazing Melissa Beattie!



TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100

Comments

Popular Posts